On behalf of Lauren Lancaster
Thursday, October 25th
Proverbs 27:17, Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10, Job 2: 11
I woke up Monday to another week of helping my daughter, a single mom, get our only grandchild up and off to school, trying to talk myself into another trip to the gym and getting myself mentally prepared for all the unexpected “challenges” a typical week holds. I started this typical week with my “batteries” recharged since I spent the past weekend at another “Soul Sisters” Annual Retreat. For those in our group who were able to attend, please accept my thanks for making the effort in time and resources, for encouraging me and for the love you shared. For those of you Soul Sisters who have not joined us for what has becoming an annual event, let me encourage you by posing a few questions that might be “standing between” you and the blessings of this gathering.
Why would I want to devote the time and resources to do this?
There are perhaps many answers to this question, likely as many different answers as there are the number of friends reading this. Some likely answers would include:
- I need some quiet time to think about everything happening in my life
- I need someone to listen to me that understands and cares
- I need to find a “resource” that can help me overcome all my challenges that really works
- I want to feel like I belong and that I matter
- I want to spend a little time laughing and crying and sharing with others who will understand
- I want to make and grow new friendships that will last a lifetime
What is the purposes of a Soul Sisters Retreat?
- To offer a time and place for meeting needs and wants like those above
- To seek the still, quiet voice of our Creator and learn more about how to better hear HIM
- To encourage one another by sharing and studying God’s WORD together
- To establish and/or grow our love for and personal relationship with our Savior and for/with one another
- To provide a “way” or “path” back to THE RESOURCE for someone seeking help with their faith
When and where does the Soul Sisters Retreat happen?
While your Soul Sisters are never further than a phone call away, once a year, in October, we gather at a quiet, lovely place in Tennessee for a long weekend to permit time for renewal of old friendships and creation of new ones. So think of this as full year’s advance notice. Begin planning now to set aside the time and plan your trip to join us.
With you there was no beginning and there will be no end. Your strength and faithfulness are without limit. Your word tells us: “"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." We thank you for this promise and what it means in our walk with you. Lord, each our paths begin differently with twists and turns just as different. We thank you for being a light unto our feet so that we may not stumble. Father whatever our way, we ask that every path leads us to You. Thank you for our sisterhood and for all the love and care it holds for us. Grant that we may be your face, your arms, your shoulders and your heart to those who need you. Help us to reach others and extend our hearts so that as our mission grows, we grow with it. Forgive us when we fail one another and when we fail you. Strengthen the Soul Sisters so that we are able to accomplish your will. We ask these things in the name of our Rock, our Redeemer, our Fortress and our Savior. It is in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen